Sunday, October 16, 2016

11 October, 2016 (Mariah Von Bruenchenhein)

The wind was crazy this morning. It felt like the tent was on a roller coaster with all the loud wooooshes coming from outside. Thank goodness our tent stayed put. It was another early morning. We had an appointment with Teton Science School and was on the road at 8:00 am. The group tried to sing because Jeff refused to play music but we really couldn’t come up with a solid song. Once we go there we were greeted by a friendly guy, Andy. He showed us around a bit and offered us some coffee. He instantly had my heart. After that we split up into groups. One group would go out into the field and the other stayed with Andy who taught us about place base education. What I got from his lesson was that place base education is sort of like experiential learning. Taking your surroundings and using that to evoke the student’s interest. We moved into the field after lunch. That was probably the best part of the day. It’s incredibly more fun being taught outside. Although Andy’s lesson was informative, I had a lot more fun outside with the kids. Anyways, I’m sick of writing about the day and want to move onto what’s happening right now. I’m cranky and I honestly don’t’ know why. I want to punch my book bag. Also I’m in the boy’s bathroom with most of the gang doing homework. Nick was about to poop in here but Liv and I demanded him to go to the girl’s bathroom. That’s not why I’m mad, it’s just super gross. I’m ready from bed and a new day. Trying to remind myself that I’m mad at nothing and I should just smile. Today was great. I think I just need a bath. Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment