Sunday, October 16, 2016

30 September, 2016 (Kolin O'Keefe)

Devil’s tower, a sight to behold. Before leaving our campsite at Devil’s Tower, we got to get a close-up view of the monument and check out the visitor center. Also got to see a couple of climbers on the cliff walls of the tower. Looked like an intense climb and I would need a lot more experience/years before I attempt anything like that. After this, we hooked up the trailer and hit the road again. We made a quick pit stop to get gas and fill up our propane tanks before leaving to change our oil. We arrived at a Grease Monkey and we had one hour to roam before meeting back at the van. A few of us decided to go to Petco and Walmart. There were quite a few animals and it really makes me want to get a pet when I get home. Browsed Walmart for a bit before having to head back. After gathering our belongings, we hit the road for a short drive to get to our destination, only to find out that is was closed. What a bummer. Was looking forward to charging my laptop and finishing my first critique, but that will have to wait. Alex and the other cooks however made a delicious meal that improved my spirits, like that chip dip. You are going to have to send that recipe my way Alex! All in all though, I can’t be too disappointed. This campsite has a lot to offer. Not facilities wise, the toilets already proved that. The aesthetics here are just so incredible and easy on the eyes. I know I will have a chance to get my homework started again soon. Just gotta keep my chin up and my spirits high. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment