Sunday, October 16, 2016

26 September, 2016 (Emily Smith)

Well guys, so it begins.


The meat and potatoes. We’ve conquered what we could in Canada and made it back to home base; a time that we were all looking forward to. Then it was right back at it this morning with more miles on the road and the Wild West toward our windshield of good ol’ Van 63. We successfully made it to Lewis and Clark Recreation Area and posted up right beside the water. We’ll only call this home for a very short while as we dive into the Badlands tomorrow. Words can’t describe how excited I am to finally get to ECOEE 2016’s first National Park and truly begin another leg of our storybook. As time passes and each day presents a new set of challenges to overcome, I’m reminded of the incredible growth that is happening here. With troubles ahead and troubles behind I can only take each overcome obstacle as a new notch in my belt. I’m learning so much day to day, I know that we all are. There is one lesson, however, that keeps appearing in my forefront over and over again – and that is that I better not blink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment