Tuesday, October 25, 2016

16 October, 2016 (Kolin O'Keefe)

Woke up today and kind of forgot where I was. Took me a moment to remember I was on the front porch at Summit Adventure after a late night in the van. I awoke to the shuffling of feet and decided to join the march. It lead me to inside the cabin where I saw the cooks of the day preparing a breakfast consisting of pumpkin pancakes and fresh fruit. It was quite the treat and made my stomach happy. I got the chance to relax a little bit before Tom Smith, a colleague and good friend of Jeff’s, arrived to give us a professional tour/visit. He had a lot of great info to share and a lot of funny stories to tell about when he and Jeff used to work together. We also got an insight to “swampy” (Jeff’s nickname). After some time, Tom showed us over to his office where the “auction” would be taking place. There was so much sweet gear he was selling. We were just lucky that we got first dibs on all this priceless camping equipment. There were several items I would’ve particularly liked to get, but my wallet said otherwise. After Tom left, our LOW’s decided to stay at Summit for another night. I was happy by this decision in that it gave everyone the chance to work on their journals for the blog and other homework that needed to get done. The cooks made a delicious supper at a stationary kitchen which consisted of goulash, green beans, and cupcakes. It has been quite a relaxing day that has consisted of talking to family, taking free time to myself (that was much needed), and getting caught up in my coursework. I like the Summit Adventure Lodge and I wish we could stay here a bit longer. Perhaps someday I will have to stop and make a visit here outside of ECOEE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment