Sunday, October 16, 2016

14 October, 2016 (Joel Davis)

Well, the wind was still blowing this morning and just as much as when I went to sleep last night too. Breakfast was French toast casserole and so good that even Jeff went up for more. After everything was packed up and the camp sweep was done, we set off yet again for our next destination, California. To get there though meant another long day in the van. I’ve grown so accustomed to these that I think I will find it odd when we are done and the scenery doesn’t change every day. The drive was broken up by having lunch and Tommy’s book report on “Where the Wild Things Were” at a nice rest area. After the book report it was back in the van for the second half of our journey. When we got to our campground for the next two nights, it was raining, clearly we aren’t in California, because it never rains there. We went about setting up our tents and the group tarp. After that task was finished we sat down to hear Mariah present her book “The Closing Circle.” Next on our plate was dinner, haha. A feast of chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, and a late, post debriefs carrot cake. Debrief turned out to just be feedback for Mariah and Tommy and a brief for what to expect out of tomorrow. As I lay here in my tent, listening to the patter of rain falling from the trees onto my tent, I can’t help but reflect some on what all we have done so far this semester, and think on what all is yet to come. As excited as I am for what is next, I’ll enjoy what we have, while we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment