Saturday, September 24, 2016

09 September, 2016 (Emily Smith)

Another day of thrillage and cool experience points as we added a few more rapids to our list of conquered obstacles. We had a few people flip their canoes entirely, but I’m sure it was just all in an effort to take a quick, impromptu bath. After all, we are beginning our 4th week out here in the woods. Woot woot! I could really see the progression in everyone today. As we scouted rapids, though we weren’t always right, I heard the confidence growing in everyone’s voices and the discussions moving from “this looks dangerous” to “I know we can do this, lets just see how.” One of my favorite memories of the day was hearing the boys laughing like school girls as they ran the rapids just outside of camp. Once again, just a reminder of how lucky I am that this is my classroom. And even luckier that these are my classmates. Things may get rocky at times – in fact they will get rocky. At the end of the day, there’s nothin’ left to do but smile, smile, smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment