Saturday, September 24, 2016

12 September, 2016 (Emily Smith)

Another day, another dollar!

Just kidding. We’re not getting paid for this at all. Anyway, it was another beautiful day on the river. We may not be getting monetary gain but I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I have already gained so much more than I could have imagined in the short month that we’ve spent on this endeavor. Today felt like a long one for all of us, lucky for me I got to spend it in a canoe with one of my dearest friends. One of my favorite parts of our day-to-day paddling is the opportunity to have one-on-one conversations with whoever we’re paddling with that day. Days are long and busy for all of us, so I took full advantage of the chance to finally catch up with Mariah. With just a few more lessons to be taught while we’re here in Canada, I’m looking forward to having some time to reflect and consider my appreciation for this place. Our time on this leg is almost through, but man, there is still so much more to see…The music isn’t stopping, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment