Saturday, September 24, 2016

14 September, 2016 (Tommy LeGrand)

Lessons are being taught, rapids are being run, and food barrels seem to be getting low. We are closing our chapter on the river, and with only a few days left, thoughts drift towards front country dreams. I know I am dreaming of some Mac Daddies. It is hard to not think of these things I am missing… I also know I will be missing the river and the back country life as soon as were out of the woods, so I have been trying not to get too lost in my front country dreams. Any who I guess I should talk about today a little, haha. We successfully navigated our way from Two Portage Falls to a nice large camp”SITE” on a hill next to a gravel pit. Many names have been said for it tonight, but I will dub this site personally as the three loaf site (haha three dog night?) Any who there was a lot of portages today, quite a bit of rapids running and a little bit of tension between everyone as some decisions were made. The night started with a lesson by Em and ended with most everyone in a circle screaming, “DOUBLES!” I think it had something to do with cheesecake? So that was today, I think it is time for a little bit of bread and coffee before I knock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment