Saturday, September 24, 2016

31 August, 2016 (Cody Hardy)

Today started off as a new adventure just like everyday day does out here. Nick, Kolin, and I decided to have pancakes for breakfast today. I was the first one up today so I guess I was in charge of cooking. I made the batter and realized we have no spatula. I made the quick decision to change the game plan to funnel cakes. That ended up being an awful idea. Kolin ended up eating a soggy oil soaked dough ball while I drank what was left of the raw batter. Nick was the only smart one of the group and made himself oatmeal. We laughed about it and it will be a good story to share later on down the road. At least the other two groups looked like they had a better breakfast than we did. Shortly after that Ryan came skipping down to our camp like a giddy little school girl asking for my camera to show Jeff the fish he caught the night before. Remember Ryan, “size doesn’t matter.” We then had another fun filled day of listening to Jeff and Ryan’s voices. We were taught about conflict resolution, stages of group development, and more risk management. After that Kolin, Tyler, and I taught a few lessons on Outdoor Education and I learned that I would rather hear their voices than Jeff’s. Totally Joking!! But Really. After that was supper. Nick made some awesome cheesy garlic bread which we dipped in tomato sauce. To finish up the night we did debrief and heard Tommy’s life story. The rest of the night was the usual, packing up to move in the morning. Tomorrow will be another chapter in this crazy book we call ECOEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment