Saturday, September 24, 2016

19 August, 2016 (Cody Hardy)

Well guys, we finally made it! We are finally in the canoes and out on the water! Twenty-seven more days to go. Congratulations everyone, we made it almost a week without killing anyone. Yes, I did say a week! Although it feels like a month. The days run together and feel like they never end. As I sit here by myself and eat this Milky Way while I write this I begin to realize that we are in bear country and this might not be the greatest idea. Oh well, at least you guys could say I went out happy. So, if you guys find this journal tomorrow on the ground next to my chair just remember I will be a pile of poop in the next couple of days. On a serious note, how about that view last night?!?! It was absolutely amazing. A beautiful sunset over Lake Superior. Things have been going pretty good, but we all need to work on managing our time a little better. We need to work together to get things done in a timely manner so we have free time to have fun and relax. Yes Jeff, “we know this is not about having fun.” Meals have been pretty good so far, so thank you for that chefs. I think we can all agree that it is absolutely beautiful up here and I cannot wait to see what the next twenty-seven days have in store for us. I am not sure how I became leader of the week first, but I feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders. Just remember guys, I am going to give it my all, and do my best. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will have the skills and knowledge to pass on to Kolin and Nick as they join me next week as leaders of the week. One perk to being in a tent with Jeff is that he does all of the cooking and I have a few minutes each day to relax. I haven’t been able to do that since ECOEE started last Saturday. I will finish with this. “Treat others the way you wish to be treated.” We are all living together for the next month in the backcountry and several more months after that, and it is going to be a long time if we treat each other like crap. I hope you are all enjoying this as much as I am, and I hope I am not getting on your guys nerves to bad yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment