Saturday, September 24, 2016

29 August, 2016 (Tommy LeGrand)

Today is our seventeenth day of ECOEE, and our tenth day camping / on the water. Everyone seems to be getting a little more comfortable with canoeing or I should say I sure do. Each day seems to be full of lessons, both from book lessons, as well as from an emotional standpoint. Sometimes I feel like I’ve had it clear up to my head. Other days I keep having to remind myself that I’ve only got eighteen more days left and it feels as though only a week has gone by. This kind of stirs my heart up and makes it hard to want to move fast. Today one of the lessons we learned was a more in depth look at map reading and compass skills. As a side lesson we also learned that Jeff is human, either that or his equipment might be a little outdated haha. I think today was all in all a good day, we covered the same amount of miles and I think we even shaved off about a half an hour off of our time. Traditional lessons ensued around three p.m. after a good break and a short nap. Dinner was awesome, we had lots of stuff and a lot of good colors on the plate. We finished with the debrief of the day and Tyler’s life story, as well as a quick lesson in how loud girls can fart. TVP? Almost everyone took a slip and fell into or near the water, hence the nickname I have given it, “Slip Rock”.  As I sit here finishing my journal entry (as well as my other Academic one) I hear a chorus of ominous buzzing, which seems like some sort of foreshadowing for tonight. As I stated earlier I don’t think I’ll want to leave here any time soon, so in the words of whoever, “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, and that’s why they call it present”

No comments:

Post a Comment