Saturday, September 24, 2016

22 August, 2016 (Mariah Von Bruenchenhein )

Today was the first day of classes back at WIU and while every other student is sitting in a white, four-walled classroom we’re on the Missinaibi River surrounded by beautiful trees and wildlife. Every day I have to pinch myself because I still cannot believe I’m here. I am forever grateful. I could not ask for a better group of people to do this with me as well. I’m learning a lot about other and even more about myself. I would have never formed these kinds of relationships in a normal classroom setting. We moved to the second campsite today and its absolutely spectacular. Everyday just keeps on getting better and better. However, I put milk mix in my Nalgene instead of lemonade powder. I noticed just before I drank it so that’s awesome. Moreover, I’m excited for what each day will bring us and all the challenges that come along with it. Alright I’ll wrap this up and end this on a quote from Nick W, “I don’t trust these dang hippies”.



No comments:

Post a Comment