Saturday, September 24, 2016

24 August, 2016 (Emily Smith)

Another beautiful day spent in the coolest classroom in the world. We had another day full of lessons and I counted at least six different people dozing off. Right now the best part of all of this for me is getting to know each individual and all of the moments and conversations that aren’t business related. I think its so fantastic how a program can pull all of us very, very different people together into one unit. I’ve had some of the most meaningful conversations in the past twelve days and my gratitude cup is overflowing for that. Today, during our break Tommy, Tyler, Joel and I went for a bit of a hike. I think that hike was the most beautiful sight I’ve seen so far while being out here. In those moments, while we were looking out, I felt completely rid of all stress and worry. My head and my heart were at peace. I spent a lot of this evening reflecting on Kolin’s presentation about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and my circle of concern versus my circle of influence. I kept thinking, I have a pretty big circle of concern and I know this to be very true…I would really like to spend some time with my circle of influence. I guess I’ll have plenty of time to think about that while I spend the day canoeing with Jeff tomorrow! Woot woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment