Saturday, September 24, 2016

16 September,2016 (Cody Hardy)

Well Guys this is it, twenty-eight days on the river have come and gone. Twenty-eight days ago we stood at Hawk Junction what we had gotten ourselves into and wondering what the next twenty-eight days had in store for us. As we stand here today all of those questions have been answered for us. We have had our ups and downs, but overall I can say this experience will forever be in all of our hearts. We have all grown so much in such a short amount of time and we have grown stronger as a group. I don’t know about you guys, but today was full of emotion and thoughts of, “will I ever be back here?” for myself I hope the answer is yes. Part of this place will forever be a part of each and every one of us. I could go on and on about this place and what it has done for us, but there are not enough pages in this journal so I will move into the events of the day. As we arrived at Glassy Falls we were again reminded of the first half of the twenty-eight days with a soft sandy beach which we have not seen in quite some time. We set up camp and gathered for a group meeting. We were granted the best gift ever with a night without Jeff and Ryan. As we watch them paddle off we all stood there asking ourselves, “do they really trust us to survive by ourselves out here?” We had an amazing afternoon. Some people took naps, some played Frisbee, and others took personal time to reflect, while Kolin, Alex, and I went fishing. The afternoon was full of smiles and laughter by everyone. The evening consisted of a community supper of fresh fried fish and hash browns with veggies. After the group split apart after dinner, Joel, Alex, Kolin, Tyler, Nick, and I sat around under the tarp, in the rain, and made hush puppies. All I can think about is how tomorrow is our last day on the river which will be the beginning of the next chapter of ECOEE. Only one way to find out what is going to come next. All I can say is, “it has been real, it has been fun, and yes it has been real fun!”

No comments:

Post a Comment