Saturday, September 24, 2016

13 September, 2016 (Mariah Von Bruenchenhein)

Laying in the tent right now with Liv and Joel. Joel and I are about to make a Liv sandwich! It’s a tight tent but so dance cozy. Speaking of sandwiches, hot dogs are not a sandwich. We paddled our longest mileage today with a total of 21 miles. Pretty cool stuff. It misted most of the day but I still did not have any room for complaints. Although I’m extremely exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but here. I am falling asleep to 2 Portages Falls in the background. I’m having some awesome tent talk with my good buddies. I get to paddle under blue skies and white cotton balls on a daily basis (well most days) and last but not least, I can call this my classroom. Funny thing is, I have learned more out here than in a normal classroom setting. I’m really nervous to leave. I’m really sad to be leaving soon. However, the many lessons and memories will last a life time. This is not a goodbye Missinaibi River, it’s a see you later. Now a night filled with cuddles and well deserved rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment